Saturday, February 07, 2004

*A Good Day*

I figure that my previous titles, while cute, and appealed to my inate desire to say and write inane things might give the wrong impression that I'm some airy, bleeding heart liberal arts student...=P

1. Anyway, I got to sleep in...an absolute rarity when you've stuck in camp six and five and a half days a week with trainees you've got to conduct first parade for every freaking morning. Why oh why did I accept being an Instructor.....dwang....

2. Lunch with mom...always good coz she actually listens to my whinging and whining and comes up with viable solutions.

3. Debate with the NTU (And NUS and SP I think) chaps. 2 debates. One on This House Would make Directors criminally liable for the actions of their company and the second on This House would ban all ostentatious religious symbols from public schools (many thanks to Amit and RK for this =P ) Still quite rusty from the lack of debating but managed to hold my own and won both (many many thanks to the rest of the team)

Intelligent conversation is a real rarity in NS. Male debaters who have not entered NS beware...if you ever felt offended that Singapore is an ESL (English as a Second Language) country, don't be...you'll realise that it's actually praise coz it's ETL...

4. Dinner with Her at Forsters...not bad but hardly anything to rave about.... Fried Calarmari for the both of us (pretty good but the one I had at Pizza Hut was sweeter and tastier). Roasted Herb Chicken for her (which was really quite good) and mixed grill for me which was decent I suppose...

Well off to bed...some Civil-Miltary relations exercise in camp tomorrow whereby for the sake of some grassroots leaders, I get my Sunday burned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home