Sunday, November 27, 2005

*Addendum to the Andy Ho article*

From a Singapore Angle has updates including the link to Professor Michael Hor's article, "Singapore's Innovation to Due Process". And as a totally irrelevant side comment, the good professor is one of the few men I know would could actually pull off a bow-tie ensamble.

Wannabe Lawyer cuts through the entire article and asks the fundamental question, do we really want to be efficient at killing people? Efficiency is not an ends all and be all, though all too often it is made out to be locally.

The author does apologise for the lack of a fuller update. But he had 4 hours of sleep before having to trudge down to NTU to be at the briefing of the NTU Model UN. The reason he was there despite a company law exam on Tuesday is because the Sec-Gen of the MUN called him while he was still half=asleep at 10 a.m. 2 weeks back. The author has absolutely no idea what was said and what was promise and this I presumed will be held against me till the entire endeavour is over.

And if you any comments or posts or articles on this topic, just drop the URL or the comment in the comments box.

Peace.

4 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Han said...

ugh, its an incomplete post. I'm still in the process of writing it, so I hope you don't mind that its still very 'bare-bones'.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Shaun Lee said...

I like it, I think it asks the most fundamental question.

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Han said...

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence. The complete post is up... er... much longer than I anticipated, but then I had to address the issues properly.

The original question is somewhat buried though... hope you still think its ok.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Shaun Lee said...

I think it's great! It's much more thorough and lucid than mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home