Friday, July 09, 2004

*And then reality hits*

Realisation dawns on me. I've just agreed to teach a group of primary one to three students on Creative English Writing tomorrow. And I've absolutely no idea what I'm going to do.

I mean seriously now. These kids are expected to write little compositions of around a hundred words. And the entire 'essay' writes itself because they have this four panals and a bunch of words they can use to guide them for the composition. So...um...where's the creativity suppose to come from? Or rather wherein lies the creativity of the compo?

I mean seriously now, could you imagine talking to them about the need to arrest the audience's imagination in the open paragraph, when all they really need to do is write one freakin' paragraph?

Ah well...sigh...probably be back to basics then, sentence structure and grammar.

Excellence Through Basics. BMTC!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home