Thursday, January 12, 2006

Balderdash: George Soros & A Global Open Society - A Dialogue with a New Generation


*Simply because he was there*

Gabriel attended the talk and has very helpfully provided a narrative of what happened. In particular, it's worth noting his comment about diminishing returns from attending these things simply because the same stuff tends to be repeated.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment today until I have time to:
1) Consolidate all my posts on Constitutionalism and Rule of Law on my blog for easy reference

2) Finish hammering out a first draft on the Rule of Law and a discussion sparked off by a good friend who questioned whether Asian Values/Democracy is really truely at odds with Constitutionalism. I think it differs in substance, he thinks it differs in degrees. Can this two views be reconciled? Stay tuned loyal readers!

And on that cheesy note.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home