Tuesday, May 02, 2006

*Personal Update*

I've just moved from the Western Outbacks to the Desolated North to a place where the previous resident did not even have a landline. As such, I've been forced to do without an internet connection and had to have CL check my emails for me.

Which led to a very ackward situation:
S (on handphone with CL): Could you do me a favour?
CL: Yes?
S: I've been cut off from the rest of the world. My phoneline and internet connection doesn't get activated till tuesday.
CL: You do know that people actually pay good money to get away from these forms of technology right?
S: Yeah, that's them. I'm me. I need to check my email. I should have gotten a Blackberry.
CL: Hoi! *Singaporean expression for annoyance and irritance* First I was an Economist Widow, once you get a blackberry, I'm going to become a Blackberry widow as well?!
S: *Cough*, well...um... Anyway, could you check my email for me?
CL: Bah. Fine.

Oh well, what can I say? I'm a geek and a sucker for new technology.

Hopefully now that I'm connected with the rest of the world again, the updates will come fast, furious and regular. But odds are I'm just going to play computer games till the elections are over.

Peace.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger gambitch said...

Hey, whatever works. But take care of her before she turns into a World Cup widow as well!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi! *Singaporean expression for annoyance and irritance*

As opposed to "Oi! *Aussie expression for annoyance, irritation or just plain attention seeking*"? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home